EXTENSION OF STUDENT PASS document
EXTENSION OF STUDENT PASS
- Application for the extension of Student Pass must be made through the Centre for International Affairs and Cooperation (CIAC) three (3) months before the expiry date of the Student Pass.
- Students who are late in submitting their application for the extension of Student Pass will be required to pay a penalty of MYR30.00 per day imposed by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
- If you wish to apply for the extension of the Student Pass, please submit the following documents to the Centre for International Affairs and Cooperation (CIAC) and make it 3 sets of copies:
- Certification of study with passport no and UUM offer letter
- Insurance (old and new)
- Three (3) sets photocopy of ALL pages of Passport with a minimum validity of 1 ½ year.
- Front page of the passport to be copied only on one side of the A4 – sized paper.
- The subsequent of every 4 pages may be copied on one side of the A4 – sized paper.
- Four (4) passport size photographs with light blue background (3.5cm x 5cm).
- Supporting letter to continue study if CGPA below than 2.00.
APPLICANTS WITH FAMILY
- Applicants are advised to enter this country alone prior to issuance of Student Pass. Dependent Pass can only be applied after the Student Pass is approved and issued (not applicable to undergraduate students).
- According to the Immigration Circular (1995), undergraduate students are not allowed to bring any dependent during his/her stay here.
- Please submit the following documents to the Centre for International Affairs and Cooperation (CIAC) and make it 2 sets of copies for dependents
- 2 copies of student’s passport
- 2 copies of student’s VISA / Student Pass
- 2 passport-sized photographs (for each dependents)
- 2 copies of dependent passport
- 2 copies of dependent VISA / Pass
- 2 copies of marriage certificate (for spouse or parents)
- 2 copies of birth certificate (for children and for student-if parents as dependent)
- The APPROVAL of renewal is subjected to:
- Passport - Student passport should have at least 1,5 years (18 month) validity.
- Student - Student must have an attendance of equal to or more than 95% on first renewal and 80% on subsequent renewal
- In addition, those who are absent for 3 consecutive days in class must provide a valid reason to immigration.
- Academic result - Student must have a minimum of CGPA 2.00 (Cumulative Grade Point Average)
- Anyone having less than CGPA 2.00 will have to write an appeal letter to the immigration. (An appeal is granted only once)
- The immigration has right to cancel student pass based on poor academic result and attendance.